Driving Theory tests are suspended until 08 May for now. However you can now book a theory test for a date from 09 May.
If your driving test is delayed and your theory test runs out before your next test, you will need to re-take a theory test (they are valid for 2 years).
Driving Tests are delayed until 20 June. It is not possible to book a driving test for after this date. If your test is already booked for before 20 June, it will be re-scheduled automatically.
Key workers can take an emergency theory or practical driving test now. A lot of people are defined as key workers, including people working in:
• Health and social care
• Education and childcare
• Key public services
• Local and national government
• Food and other necessary goods
• Public safety and national security
• Utilities, communication and financial services
More info on driving tests in this link: gov.uk
People can leave their homes for essential purposes only, including:
• Shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
• One form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household. Stay local for your exercise, using open spaces near to your home where possible – do not travel unnecessarily
• Any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
• Travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home (you do NOT need to be a key worker to travel for work)
There has been no advice about learner drivers. So, learner drivers can drive if they are travelling for an essential reason (as listed above) and that they are accompanied by a member of their household who is over 25 years old and who has a full driving license (ideally a parent).
More info on leaving your home in this link: gov.uk